Nothing is worse than paying a large sum of money to have a paver driveway, walkway, pool patio, or screened in lanai paved to then ruin the beauty of it by either not sealing at all or worse, choosing an inferior sealer. But it happens all the time. This is why Snappy Pro Wash exclusively uses a sealer manufactured out of Clearwater, FL. Below is what I believe everyone should know about pavers and the reasons why I believe Seal-N-Lock is the best sealer for your paver project.
1. The White Haze: Florida is not like everywhere else. What sets Florida apart in terms of paver sealing? We have a shallow water table, sometimes only a few feet beneath us. The number one most awful problem I see on a regular bases with other paver sealing jobs is they used a sealer that was manufactured in Texas or somewhere in Arizona where the water table isn’t as high. Our static water pressure creeps up after a good rain and hits the sealer and has no where else it can go. It gets trapped between the paver and the sealer and develops what is called a white haze. It makes pavers look awful and the only fix is hiring someone to strip it off which involves high strength chemicals and hot water pressure washing. Seal-N-Lock is designed to breath, allowing moisture to pass through the sealer and keeping it from developing the dreaded white haze.
2. Teetering / Seesaw pavers: Ever stepped on a paver that wobbled? That is not supposed to happen. Pavers are supposed to be locked into place by the joint sand packed tightly between each paver. This keeps all the pavers in place, tight and secure. Though pavers loosing their stability can sometimes be caused by tree roots, plumbing leaks, or settling (improper preparation of the paver base) most often it is caused by erosion of the joint sand. Erosion of the sand can be caused by rainfall, particularly if it falls right off the roof onto it or if a significant amount or rainfall washes over it. Erosion of the joint sand is mostly caused by people improperly cleaning their pavers. Now if everyone would just call a softwashing company (Snappy Pro Wash hint, hint) instead of hiring a pressure washer or buying a pressure washer and trying to clean their pavers themselves erosion of the joint sand would not be as bad of an issue but most people wash their sand out of the joints by trying to clean them with water pressure. Erosion of the joint sand is greatly minimized with Seal-N-Lock because the first coat of Seal-N-Lock sealer is designed to run into the joint sand and harden it in its place, joining the grains of sand together. This greatly minimizes erosion and settling and bobbling pavers. Note: even after sealing with Seal-N-Lock people need to know that high pressure will blow the sand out. A softwash followed by a gentle rinse is the answer.
3. Plant growth: Plants growing from the joints of a paver project are unfortunately a norm as well. This is caused mostly by people mowing and the grass seeds blowing in to the joints and then forming a plant in them. Mowing with your clippings blowing in the opposite direction of your pavers would be a good idea and following up with a good blowing off is as well. Seal-N-Lock’s hardened joint sand helps create a barrier that plants do not as readily grow in. Now a plant will grow right out of a rock given enough time; however the Seal-N-Lock’s hardened surface keeps the seed from sinking in as readily.
4. Ant hills: Ants love the sand between the pavers. They don’t love it as much with Seal-N-Lock because it is as hard as a brick. So they usually mosy on looking for an easier spot.
5. UV fading: The sun is intense here in Florida. It will make your brown pavers look white if you do not protect it. Seal-N-Lock protects your paver’s color and also greatly enhances the natural beauty of your surface. If for no other reason, choose Seal-N-Lock because it will leave your project looking beautiful!
If you would like an estimate on sealing your paver project please give us a call at (239) 220-4778.
Looking at the pictures we received it looks quite different and you did a super job. Thanks from both of us.
Great job by a great guy and crew. Very professional.
A terrific company and a hard working guy. Committed to his family and his customers. I highly recommend.
Chad was great to deal with and took true pride in his work. My neighbors keep asking for Snappy Pro’s number because my house looks like new!
After seeing Snappy Pro Wash’s work on a neighbor’s home we hired them last week to clean our roof, house and soffits. The results are AMAZING! The roof looks new, the soffits are white again, and the trim around all the windows has been restored to its original pristine white color. We’d been told by
House, driveway, sidewalk, brick floor on porch,and screens look like new. Fantastic product and service. Owner is knowledgeable, courteous, and honest. Recommend this product & service to everyone.
Snappy Pro Wash did an excellent job on my home! My siding looks awesome! My pool take looks great! The screened cage is white again! A very trust worthy owner and operator! I would highly recommend Snappy Pro Wash!!
Our experience with Snappy Pro was truly the best!! We responded to an Angie’s List ad and did not know what to expect. They responded to us within 24 hours, scheduled the service within a few days, and did a superb job…..what more can you ask for!! Since the gutter cleaning tends to be a
Very satisfied. Did a fantastic job on my commercial building.
When it comes to judging how a person or a business will treat you in the future nothing is a more accurate predictor than his or her past. The best way to study a roof cleaner’s past these days are online reviews. No one in my opinion does this better than...Read more...
Cross Creek is a lovely place conveniently located near the Bell Tower shops and not too far from I-75. It has a great golf course, clubhouse, swimming pool, and is well maintained. However this lovely community is not exempt from southwest Florida’s humid climate and seasonal rains which contributed to...Read more...
Nothing is worse than paying a large sum of money to have a paver driveway, walkway, pool patio, or screened in lanai paved to then ruin the beauty of it by either not sealing at all or worse, choosing an inferior sealer. But it happens all the time. This...Read more...